Do Meds Help PN?

I am 18 months infected, with very good T Cells and low VL which by themselves would not indicate starting ART treatment. However in the last 2 weeks I've been diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy in hand, feet and other areas. I'm on low dose neurontin, 100mg 3 times a day, which is managing the pain. My question is would ART meds likely assist in healing or preventing further progression of the neuropathy? Your help is appreciated. Regards.

It would be a little unusual to have HIV peripheral neuropathy develop in feet and hands at the same time in the setting of good surrogate markers though I have occasionally seen that. I assume you have had a good neurologic work-up including perhaps nerve conduction studies to further define your complaints? When other causes have been eliminated, a trial of HIV therapy for 6 months or so may be warranted to see if that intervention improves the symptoms you are experiencing. KH

medication
joint pain 2