|Will anyone who are HIV carrier dead
May 28, 2004
How long the HIV carrier will dead without any treatment and how long will the carrier survive after treatment.
| Response from Dr. Henry
There is a wide range of survival times for untreated HIV infected persons spanning from 1 year to 20+ years. In the US the average survival in the pre-treatment era was said to be around 10-12 years. Effective treatment has been available for about 8 years and no end is in site for how long patients doing well on treatment can survive--we don't know but we expect decades in optimal situations. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bronchitis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Flaky Skin After Touching Vaginal Fluid Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Rubbing Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Throat After Kissing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Can Chlorine Cause A Vaginal Discharge?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.