low grade fever

Hi and thank you for your forum. I recently got thrush and found out I have AIDS (cd4-44 v.l.(750k+). It went away with treatment and I feel fine. My doctor put me on Sustiva /Viread/Emtriva which I started 10 days ago. I also am on Bactrim and Zythromax. I have been experiencing occasional low-grade fever and loose stool. So my questions are: 1. How alarmed should I be at the mild fever - is it a possible side effect or an infection? 2.What are the implications of loose stool - is it the antibiotics? 3.what do you think of my drug combo - potent enough? I don't want to run to the clinic and wait 4 hours for every minor issue - but I want to catch all warning signs as well. -Thanks

Your regimen is considered a potent and simple regimen. Fever is fairly common in advanced HIV disease. Sometimes it can seem to flare when treatment is started (part of the spectrum of immune reconstitution but there needs to be attention paid to the possibility of an infection causing it). Loose stools are common when starting HIV medications. Zithromax can also trigger loose stools as can a variety of HIV complications. If persistent or worsening need to discuss with your HIV specialist. KH

HIV and impotence
lymphnodes