the neuropathy, if that's what it is, won't go away

I've been HIV+ for over ten years now. I've recovered from lots of different side effects from meds over the years but I've been off the D4t for two years yet the pain, unsteadiness and general weakness in both my legs, that has been diagnosed as neuropathy, is still getting worse. During my last doctor's visit, we discussed the possibility that it could be something else that has me out on disability. I'm currently on acyclovir, norvir, reyataz, viread and epivir. What should I do? What should I test for? I'm very limited in health coverage so I can't just go for everything under the sun. My numbers are great, so I'm hesitant to change regimens. I'm at the point where I'm even wondering when should I consider using a cane. Very scary..

Sometimes HIV drug neuropathy doesn't get better. I often involve an HIV interested neurologist and a pain specialist to both look for other possible causes and to maximize symptoms control. Epivir and perhaps some of the other HIV drugs can aggravate neuropathy (not as often as the D drugs but it still happens). Your symptoms sound very impressive so getting some additional help should be worth it. KH

Personal Choice...No Meds
Joint pain