Stomach Cramps

Hi, I am on Videx, Viread and Kaletra. I suffer from severe stomach cramps. Also am fairly constipated. Is that from the Videx? Is my coctail too weird? Is there any thing I should be doing to alleviate the problem? My Dr. isnt concerned. But I am the one with the cramps. Please advise if you can. Richard

Abdominal cramps don't sound like much fun. Constipation is a little unusual in patients taking Kaletra. Other medications and medical problems can aggravate stomach cramps/constipation. If you have been taking immodium, lomotil, or any narcotics they can contribute to constipation. Oat bran or other laxatives, pushing fluids, and increased exercise can help some patients. If that doesn't help then I often would to switch medications one at a time in order to try and pinpoint which HIV med could be the main problem. Most HIV specialist are used to trying to help out that problem. KH

AIDS DEMENTIA
Risks of Hip Replacement in Hiv patients