How can I cleanse my liver and kidneys

Over the past 6 years I have been on a number of cocktail treatments (viramune/epivir/zerit, Kaletra/epivir/zerit, Kaletra/viread/zerit, and now viread/reyataz/norvir/emtriva). I handle my meds well, for which I am thankful to be so lucky. But I am concerned about the damage to my liver and kidneys that may be occuring due to the toxicity of these medications. What can be done to help these vital organs cleanse and rebuild themselves? Thanks for your assistance.

THere is no available treatment that is proven to cleanse/protect either the liver or kidney. Eating well, remaining well hydrated, monitoring for any signs of toxicity are some basic steps to take. Some alterative approaches to prevent toxicity that have been described are outlined in sources such as Jon Kaiser's book Healing HIV or at the www.daair.org website. Firm data supporting any form of de-toxification are sadly lacking. KH

neuropathy in feet
avascular necrosis -- knee