May 19, 2004
I've been using Fuzeon for almost two months now and all areas of injection are sore nodes and a lot of discoloration. Three days ago I woke up with hives and am now taking a dose of prednisone to keep the hives at bay; also taking allegra along with the cortisone. My viral load is dropping and I have regained a lot of energy since I began. Any suggestions?
Response from Dr. Henry
Tough situation. Have you tried cooling the infection sites with ice packs prior to or after injection for a while ? The hives are worrisome for a possible more serious systemic reaction. I have used antihistamines (including cimetidine or trazadone) in a few patients with some decrease in symptoms. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Penis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Neuropathy After Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling Lips After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.