Sustiva (EFV) and Combivir (AZT/3TC) Timing

This question may sound silly but I must admit that I am all about convenience.... and I dont think there's a better regimen than the one Im on... A NRTI and NNRTI - Thank God I dont have to deal with the side effects of Protease Inhibitors.

Anyway, my question comes to you with my sleeping habits... Im under the impression that Sustvia (efavirenz) remains in the system for 24 hours while Combivir (AZT/3TC) is in the system for 12 hours... Is this correct? I ask because I generally go to bed around 1am (when I take my night dosage Sust/Comb) and wake up at about 9am (when I take my morning dosage comb)

Are these times too close together? I think it may have a role in why I feel like crap during the day up until about 2pm

Perhaps I should take my night dosage a little earlier... I just hate the SPACED out feeling I get on Sustiva... and am not up for going to bed at 10pm... What do you think?

I was diagnosed in July of 2003 with a viral load of 1.5million and CD4 of 300 now Im undetectable with CD4 count of 400 if that has any relevance. Thanks for your help!

Mark

The issue is separating the Combivir by closer to 12 hours. I would consider taking the first dose of Combivir each day close to the noon hour. The AZT is not a particulary good once a day type of drug-3TC can be taken all at once so another alternative is to switch from Combivir to either 3TC or FTC + tenofovir + abacavir all of which are once a day medications.KH

REYATAZ, WHAT ARE ITS "WORSENING" / HEPATOTOXIC EFFECTS ?
Cardiomyopathy