Facial wasting

I am on a regimen of Kaletra, Viread and Epivir for about two months now. I have heard horror stories from friends and read online about facial wasting. Can you tell me is any of the medications I am taking can have this effect. I am already seeing what looks like cellulite in my legs. My CD4 was 200 and viral load 1300 as of last month.

The regimen you are on has not been one that has particularly been associated with facial wasting. Each person has unique aspects to their interaction with the virus and treatment so your HIV specialist is the best person to balance all of the factors and find a regimen that is a good fit for you. I have scores of patients on regimens similar to yours who have not developed facial wasting even after many years. A small fraction have developed facial wasting. Other factors besides the drugs may play an important role (such as aging, degree of immune suppression, etc)though much of the discussion often centers on the HIV drugs. KH

Nevirapine rechallenge?
Mellow Yellow