Reyataz better for diarrhea?

Currently I'm on a Kaletra-based regimine and suffering from diarrhea and GI problems. Generally speaking, would a switch from Kaletra to rReyataz result in an improvement with these side effects? Also, do you know if Reyataz is less likely to cause/worsen lipoatrophy than Kaletra?

Reyataz in my experience is better tolerated in the gut than Kaletra. Most of my patients on Reyataz also take low dose ritonavir (100mg) which is half the total daily dose of ritonavir taken by most patients on Kaletra. The rate of GI complaints seems to go up modestly when ritonavir is used with Reyataz. Reyataz +/- ritonavir seems to have less of an impact on lipid levels than Kaletra. I have not seen data regarding any fat distribution comparison between Reyataz-ritonavir and Kaletra (hopefully that data is forthcoming). The issue is complicated by the fact that fat distribution may also be influenced by the nuke used as well as other factors. There is data regarding Kaletra out 4-5 years now while data regarding Reyataz-ritonavir is still in the early stages by comparison. KH

high CD4 count
supplement interactions