How to Lower Bilirubin

Hi. I have been using Reyataz as my PI, paired with Epivir and Videx, for 3 months and this is my 1st set of HIV meds. I have had excellent results: CD4s now over 800, viral load undetecable.

My bilirubin levels are elevated, although it seems to go up and down in the past few tests. Last test was a week ago, and it was 3.4 which is high, but my doc wasn't overly concerned, yet. I have slight yellowing in my eyes, but no noticable changes in skin tone.

I did some reading and wanted to confirm what I found. I found references to two ways that might reduce bilirubin levels: higher levels of caffiene and vitamin C.

1. Is this true? 2. Are there other things I can do with diet or lifestyle change that might bring the level down some more?

Thank you.

I can't endorse those options since I have seen no good data on that. Remaining well hydrated (fluids, water) might help as well. Many of my patients on Reyataz with bili levels in tha range have managed to do well and put up with it--I haven't seen intervention that provides consistent and safe benefit--I am open to other suggestions. KH

cd4 of 5, vl at 130,000 how long?
high CD4 count