I have a terrible taste in my mouth

I am a nurse on AZT and 3TC following a needle stick exposure. I've been on them for about a month. The nausea is better, but I have a terrible taste in my mouth all the time. Is this normal? I can't find anything about this complaint. I was checked by my doctor and don't have thrush or lymphadenopathy or any other problems. I know this is a minor complaint compared to the others, but it is really affecting my appetite, and I have lost 25 lbs since I have been on the meds. Thanks for your help.

I have had a number of patients on AZT and 3TC who have the same complaints over the years (? < 5% overall). I had a needlestick myself about 2 weeks ago so am having to endure 4 weeks of drugs with various drug associated symptoms so I can appreciate your situation. Usually you will notice an improvement soon after the meds are stopped but taste abnormalities seem to linger for weeks. KH

At what point does HIV affect the brain?
The Sustiva Crazies