Is it lipodystrophy or not

Hi, My stats are: positive for 10 years, never had an OI or AIDS diagnosis. On and off meds, currently off for 1 1/2 yrs. CD4 in the 500s and Viral Load around 380. It has never been over 1000. I am also 51, female and post menopausal. I have what appears to look like "swelling" or very soft fat deposits in the area that once was the hollow between my clavicle and sternocleidomastoid. My physcian has seen them and doesn't have an answer. Have you ever seen this? Thanks.

Deb

Response from Dr. Conway

First, I am very pleased that your numbers are what they are...it sounds as if you do not need treatment at this time...

The area you describe in the front of the neck is not a common spot for lipodystrophy, especially without any other changes anywhere else on your body. I would look for another cause of these deposits.

meds and supplement interactions
Surgery for Facial Wasting