meds and supplement interactions

My present regimen is Invirase@ 8x200mg, Norvir@100mg, Videx@400mg, Epivir@300mg, all once daily. my counts have remained pretty consistent for well over a year. vl<50, cd-4 @800-900. I also take a multi-vitamin and iron. I have recently added 1000 mg vitamin C, 8000i.u. A, Soy Isoflavones, aloe vera juice, green tea, and white tea. My past two months lab results were... feb...vl194, cd-4@735; mar... vl682, cd-4@800. What could be the cause of such a drastic change in my counts. Are there any contraindications of my meds and supplements? Thanks

Response from Dr. Conway

I do not think the problem is with drug interactions with your supplements. However, I am not a big supporter of Vitamin A supplements, as they can be hard on your liver.

As far as your numbers go, your CD4 count is well preserved and you are experiencing an early virologic breakthrough, with a modest viral load. I would first review issues of adherence to make sure this is not the problem. Otherwise, a resistance test can be done on the sample with the viral load of 1682 to see where you stand. It may just be time to change your treatment. This may not be such a bad thing, given all the options that may be available to you.

Good luck....

Reyataz with Norvir
Is it lipodystrophy or not