Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Managing Side Effects of HIV TreatmentManaging Side Effects of HIV Treatment

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

F/up neuropathy question
Apr 25, 2004

Dear Dr.Henry- I recently asked a question pertaining to peripheral neuropathy. One of your recommendations was the drug neurotin- Is this drug effective for numbness- I have no pain- but my feet and lower legs are 90% numb and very stiff. If you feel that this medication could improve the numbness then I will definitely talk to my Doctor about. It would be a major quality of life improvement for me-if I could get some feeling back in my feet and calfs again. Thank-you I very much appreciate your advice.

Response from Dr. Henry

Excellent question--although Neurontin seems to get the most attention regarding painful neuropathy I have observed benefit in some patients with the numbness you described. I assume you have seen a neurologist and been fully evaluated for the neuropathy? KH

Previous
Pointy Breasts
Next
Nerve Pain - Treatment?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.