taken off all meds

I have been hiv+ for 10 years with not too many problems but in last few months i lost lots of weight like 20 lbs my I had been on viracept,zerit and viread viracept and zerit for like 5 years and viread maybe 2 year he changed my zerit to videxec 3 weeks ago and done a geotype test I thinkthats what it was called and they called me last week and told me not to take any of my medications that non of them was working that I had resistant to viracept zerit viread and even the videx ec I just started My question is it normal to get resistant to all these at the same time and should my doctor take me off all meds with nothing in replacement my cd4=390 vl=1500 and would me being resistant to these meds cause the big weight loss thanks for your imput James

You ask many important questions that it is not possible to answer properly without a full treatment history, clinical history, and all of the results of all of your resistance tests ever taken. An HIV specialist with lots of experience who knows your situation is usually the best person to advise you. Stopping all meds can help some patients but is not always a good idea. In some cases I get stumped as to what to do so that discussing a range of options with the patient is what I then do. KH

Zerit + Kaletra vs. Emtriva + Kaletra
Rash and Fatigue