Zerit + Kaletra vs. Emtriva + Kaletra

After one year of treatment with Zerit + Kaletra + Covaricil I started showing lipoatrophy on my face. I asked the doc to change my regimen, but he only replaced Zerit with Emtriva.

Is that good enough to limit the development of lipoatrophy or should I also replace Kaletra? What would you suggest replacing Kaletra with?

My VL is undetectable and CD4 of about 600.

Thanks,

GB

There is no evidence that I am aware of (nor have I observed it in my own practice)that switching off Kaletra would help. Stopping the Zerit could though a switch to Emtriva for that specific purpose has not been studied much (more data on abacavir for example). KH

low CD4 count-med related?
taken off all meds