Reyataz - yellow eyes

After being on Trizivir and Sustiva for 4 years my doctor switched me to Reyataz, Norvir, and Trizivir. In my info for side effects for Reyataz it lists yellow eyes from too much bilirubin. After 6 days I have noticed a slight yellowing in my eyes. Is this a real problem and should I consult my doctor? Thanks for any insight.

Reyataz can increase the indirect bilirubin level to the point where jaundice is visible (a yellow coloration of skins/eyes). It is severe in around 5% of patients. There is no actual liver damage that has been yet been reported from that phenomenon. Mild cases can be watched. Pushing fluids orally can help. If it seems to be worsening I would call your HIV doc and have them take a look and possibly check your indirect bilirubin level. KH

REACTION TO MEDS
Neuropathy and Pain