neuropathy in feet&legs

I am on a salvage regime which includes VidexEC,the regime had gotten me undectable. However-Prior to starting theis regime-I had numbness in my feet and calfs-also stiffness. My feet are now becoming so numb-they feel like dead weight-I am assuming the Videx- is causing the increased numbness- Since I have no other medications options-Do you have any suggestions- Do you feel the nerve damage will progress the longer I am on the VIDEX-I would appreciate any suggestions/Thank you

You need to review your past treatment history and resistance status with your HIV specialist to see what options are available. Continued use of Videx would likely contribute to progressive neuropathy . An evaluation for other potential factors that could be addressed might be worth doing (I often refer to an interested neurologist). If you are stuck with Videx then a dose reduction is an option. Many treatments can help the symptoms for neuropathy including Neurontin. There are several large studies soon to open in the US looking at new neuropathy treatments (usually with pain as the main symptom) might decrease mitochondrial toxicity (see Jon Kaiser's book Healing HIV or the www.daair.org website). KH

signs of hiv
joint pain