signs of hiv
Apr 16, 2004
i HAD A NEEDLE PRICK INJURY FROM AN hiv +ve patient and was put on Antiretrovirals for a month.Subsequently seen purplish discoloration of the finger nails which still persist. Is such nail discoloration a sign of Hiv infection.
Response from Dr. Henry
The purple color you describe would unlikely be due to either HIV or the one month course of HIV drugs--I would have your primary care doc take a look to see if some other explanation can be given. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Will Happen If I Don't Treat Shingles?
- What Is The Difference Between Genital Herpes And Cold Sores?
- What Happens If You Have Gonorrhea For A Year Without Treatment?
- What Happens If Genital Herpes Goes Untreated?
- What Does Gonorrhea Do To Your Body?
- What Does A Syphilis Rash Look Like?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.