|signs of hiv
Apr 16, 2004
i HAD A NEEDLE PRICK INJURY FROM AN hiv +ve patient and was put on Antiretrovirals for a month.Subsequently seen purplish discoloration of the finger nails which still persist. Is such nail discoloration a sign of Hiv infection.
| Response from Dr. Henry
The purple color you describe would unlikely be due to either HIV or the one month course of HIV drugs--I would have your primary care doc take a look to see if some other explanation can be given. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get HIV From Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Chance Of Getting HIV From Blood On Hand
- Chances Of Getting HIV From Anal Sex Bottom
- Getting HIV From Oral Sex On A Woman
- Giving Handjob How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Is It Possible To Get AIDS From Sucking Penis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.