Stop Giving Out BAD info!!!!!!

The CDC states that 3 months is considered conclusive for HIV testing.

Only 2 people have tested positive past the 6 month window period and that was almost ten years ago.

With new test, especially RAPID TEST, which is so sensitive that they can detect antibodies as early as 14 days, and the testing done in MASSACHUSETTS, the window period has change dramatically.

And as far as a few people never testing positive, this claim has been HIGHLY EXAGGERATED. So much that any GOOD doctor wouldn't comment on it because there hasn't been enough EVIDENCE. Just a lot of hearsay.

You obviously don't know a lot about testing. read the new information and learn.

3 months is considered CONCLUSIVE, unless you are an IV DRUG USER, taken PEP, or are immunosuppressed.

The art of learning never ends as a doctor. It is time to crack open the books again.

That is why US HEALTHCARE is better thatn that UNIVERSAL HEALTHCARE CRAP in CANADA. By paying, the US are able to ADVANCE medicine, while only CANADA follows. Even Europe and Australia have moved to 3 months. Idiot.

I'd like to see you post this.

Response from Dr. Conway

You are quite correct in suggesting that the vast majority of people (over 99%) who have become infected with HIV will show a positive antibody test within 3 months of being exposed to the virus. However, if there is any doubt or any extenuating circumstances (which would include, as you correctly state, immune suppression as with possible agammaglobulinemia), testing beyond 3 months is indicated. In my experience, exclusive reliance on some of the rapid tests (that may give results within 5-10 minutes) is a bit premature. You may know that some have been pulled from the market due to false negative results. Also, I would reiterate my point that if the antibody test is negative and there remains a suspicion of HIV infection, it is a good idea to do a CD4 count and plasma viral load to rule out acute infection, delayed seroconversion or infection with an atypical strain that is not producing a good, detectable antibody response. I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know what you think.

Thank you for your help.
Best ways to treat diarrhoea