trunkal obesity

My cd4 is 222/vl is 13,687(had been 54,553 prior to switching meds) My meds are ziagen/viread/reyataz/norvir/bactrim/acyclovir/zithromax- most of these meds I started in Jan of this year.In Feburary over the course of 2 days I got full body edema including the face-was given lasix and the limb/face edema was resolved but from the abdomen to the neck the weight/edema continues. I had a GI work-up which was neg. The dr says I have trunkal obesity. Is this the reaction to the meds? Will this condition go away? It is extremly uncomfortable. I have gained a total of 12 pounds- all in the abd/chest area. What can be done to resolve this? Thank you!

On paper your meds are not ones that usually cause any rapid form of fat redistribution/accumulation. I assume that the edema was not due to a Ziagen reaction? Persons who once had a low CD4 count are at higher risk for fat distribution problems. Truncal fat can be evaluated by a CT scan and/or DEXA to check on the distribution of fat. Exercise, diet, and making sure your thyroid and testosterone levels or OK can impact weight gain as well. It sounds like you need to be on HIV meds per your HIV specialist so looking for ways to manage the problem you describe is very important. KH

Photo allergic reactions & densensitization
Lipidropsty Tests In Houston