Photo allergic reactions & densensitization

It appears that my time under the sun lamp and in the sunshine has assisted in sensitizing me to 3 PIs: Norvir, Foravase and Viracept. In addition, I have a problem (break out in a rash) with Amprenavir as I am allergic to Sulfa. My question relates to the possibility of desensitization to the very important medication, Norvir as well as for sulfa so perhaps I will be able to utilize the amprenivir meds in the future. Your thoughts please. Thanx in advance!

Andy

That may be tough if the reaction is mostly to UV light and not any form of more systemic symptoms. Persons who develop a systemic reaction (not a skin reaction after UV exposure) to sulfa can oten be desensitized by an escalating dose approach. I am unaware of any way to prevent UV light skin reactions if that is the major manifestation for you. I would discuss with an allergist and your HIV doc. KH

Night Sweats & Headaches
trunkal obesity