Genotropin

I have been living with AIDS for almost 10 years and wasting has always been a problem. My face is so sunken that I got depressed and asked my doctor for help. My doctor precsribed Genotropin (growth hormone)5mg per day. The delivery device I recieved only delivers a maximum 2mg dose. I called the manufactuteres on-call nurse and she thought maybe it's 0.5 mg not 5mg, and referred me back to my doctor. I am frustrated and wondering what is the usual dose per day for a man who weighs 151 pounds. Of course my doctor is double checking the prescription, but when I researched sesostrim (growth hormone) studies...Aids patients only recieved 0.1 mg per day. HELP

For AIDS related wasting Serostim has been used in doses of 2-6 mg SC daily for initially dosing (often for first 12 weeks) and then dosing has been maintained perhaps at a lower level (1-2 mg/day). Studies are still ongoing about optimal induction/maintenance strategies. Another new study is about to open in the US looking at some of these issues. The drug is very expensive (> $30,000 year), has side effects (such as glucose intolerance and bone pain), and does not help fat wasting. I rarely consider its use since most of my patients do well with good antiretroviral therapy, hormone replacement, and nutriona/exercise interventions. KH

Swollen Lymph nodes in the groin, expert advice ASAP PLEASE!
Question on Lipoatrophy