Swollen Lymph nodes in the groin, expert advice ASAP PLEASE!

My fiance has swollen lymph nodes on both sides of his groin. They started off the size of a bean about a month to two months ago and enlarged ever since, he's been to about 10 doctors and none of them know what it is. He also has an enlarged spleen. There saying it's either a sexual disease or an infection. They did a biopsy on one of the lymph nodes and still couldn't tell what it is. The lymph nodes cause pain for him to walk and work. Some doctors said it could be a form of cancer, and then other doctors said it could be an infectious disease, and most of the doctors said it could be SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED. Would you know any causes that relate to having swollen lymph nodes in the groin area. Is there any sexual disease that causes swollen lymph nodes in the groin area? At this point any advice or ideas would help. I've been on the computer researching as much as I can but it's getting to the point where I need something more pacific. At this point I'm really worried because these doctors aren't giving us an answers and the longer we wait the worse it'll probably get. Please help me as well as you can. It is deeply appreciated. Thank you

Response from Dr. Conway

Well, perhaps part of your question relates to the possibility of HIV (since you are asking on this site). The best thing with respect to this is to have an HIV test done. If this is negative and there is no risk of HIV having been transmitted over the past 6 months or so, you would be free and clear of this.

Usually, if a lymph node is enlarged due to a cancer, this would be quite easy to see on a biopsy, so I would take this as a good sign. As for any other causes, there are a number of general infections and sexual infections (such as syphilis and even herpes) that can cause this. My best advice is to sit down with the doctor in charge of your finace's care and get a clear idea of the specific things they are thinking about and what tests they are thinking of doing. It is also important to tell them specifically what are your greatest fears, and it may be that they will immediately be able to tell you that these things are not the cause. Doctors are often better at saying what is NOT the problem than what is, and this information may reasssure you.

Good luck...

scared
Genotropin