when will the side affects go away

I have been HIV positive since for 3 years, my numbers are good cd4-700 and viral load is 500, my treatment is sustiva,epivir,ziagen. My problem is I still have major problems falling to sleep, staying asleep, fatigue, memory problems. I feel like I am complaining too much, but when do these side affects go away? Also since going on meds my cholesterol has gone from 175 to 250 and won't go down, I have tried to cut down on fats. Thank you for all your help. Mike

Response from Dr. Boyle

While the side effects associated with Sustiva go away in most patients, in a small percentage they do not. You seem to be one of those unlucky few. That in combination with your lipids would make me lean toward considering a substitution for the Sustiva. Also, with a viral load of 500 it is likely that you may have resistance to Epivir, and your doctor should attempt to obtain a resistance test to evaluate for that and other possible resistance. Even if it does not show Epivir resistance, I would probably not use Epivir in the new regimen.

Between the Cracks
Coping with Kaletra