Diabetic Blood Sugar over 250

I was diagnosed as Type 2 diabetic two years ago. I thought my blood sugar was under control due to diet. In the first months of this year I had not taken a blood sugar reading. Then I dropped 10% of my body weight, suffered extreme hunger and thirst, fatigue, etc. One week ago I decided I should test my sugars. Since then they have run above 250 up to above 600 (the meter does not read the high end ones). I saw my MD and he started me on 3 meds to lower the sugar. He said they would take about a week to take effect. Should I still be worried about my high sugars and damage to my organs or passing out? Is there something I should have asked for? He said only if I start feeling bad, dizzy or weak. I feel that way most of the time anyway.

Can you provide some details about your HIV status and which HIV medications you are on (this is a side effects of HIV treatment forum)? KH

Kaletra and combivir
Twice a day reyataz?