Friend died from PML

Hello, One of my best friends..32 years old..just died on Sunday of PML. I never heard of this until he stated getting sick a month ago and now he is gone. He is the same age as me..and although I take much better care of myself then he did..I am so freaked out. Should all HIV poz people get tested for this PML, Toxo, and that fungus( forgot the name) that is in the throat and mouth? Can Toxo and that fungus kill you if you are in good health? I am worried that I have a fungus in my mouth right now because I keep getting this white sticky film in my mouth...I have noticed it actually for over a year but never thought anything about it. Thanks...

PML is caused by a virus. It usually is a serious problem for HIV+ persons with a CD4 count < 200 often < 50. Your HIV specialist should be able to discusw with you whether that is something you should be concerned with. Neither oral yeast (candida) or toxoplasmosis usually is a threat if your CD4 count is > 250 or so. Your HIV doc should be able to determine your level of risk and discuss a treatment plan depending on your individual situation. KH

Oxandrin Question
pep and peripheral fat loss