Possible Reinfection

My partner and I are HIV+. We both have undetectable Viral Load, and our CD4 count is over 600. I passed on the virus to him. I am taking VIREAD+3TC+EFAVIRENZ, while he is taking TRIZIVIR. Yesterday, as we were having sex, the condom we were using was torn and I ejaculated inside his colon tract. What are the possibilities of reinfection?

Sincerily yours, Matt

If your HIV level is undetectable that lessons the chances for superinfection. If his infection originated from you then your strains are still likely t be fairly similar. Superinfection is an interesting but still uncommon phenomenon. The chances are good that no superinfection occurred but it is hard to tell for sure-particularly when he also is on therapy. I recommend to HIV+ couples that they generally should still practice safe sex out of concern about HIV superinfection and spread of other infections as well. KH

cd4 woun't rise above 75
Eye clot in Central Vein