cd4 woun't rise above 75

what can I do to get my CD4 count to rise? My viral load is >50 and has been for over a year. I am on Sustiva, Videx-EC, Viread, Azitromycin prophylaxis, Nexxium, Bactrim ds.

Response from Dr. Conway

I think you mean that your viral load is below 50, not above. Assuming this is correct, I suspect that you started out with a very low CD4 count and that it has increased a bit, although not above 75.

In cases like that, the CD4 count sometimes stays very low in some people, as it has lost the abiity to do so. Some feel that it is worth trying a protease inhibitor (such as Kaletra) rather than an NNRTI. With an undetectable viral load, a single drug substitution could be contemplated. Otherwise, drugs such as IL-2 have been used to boost the CD4 count. There are studies being done on this drug, and you may want to look into this, if it is a possibility.

Increasing IL-2 sensitivity?
Possible Reinfection