cd4 woun't rise above 75
Mar 30, 2004
Response from Dr. Conway
I think you mean that your viral load is below 50, not above. Assuming this is correct, I suspect that you started out with a very low CD4 count and that it has increased a bit, although not above 75.
In cases like that, the CD4 count sometimes stays very low in some people, as it has lost the abiity to do so. Some feel that it is worth trying a protease inhibitor (such as Kaletra) rather than an NNRTI. With an undetectable viral load, a single drug substitution could be contemplated. Otherwise, drugs such as IL-2 have been used to boost the CD4 count. There are studies being done on this drug, and you may want to look into this, if it is a possibility.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Purple Spots After Fingering Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Are Dialysis Patients Tested For Hiv?
- Blood Got Into Nose HIV Risk
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.