HELP? Possible resistance to Sustiva?

I had a break in taking Sustiva and had started taking it again. I now have developed symptoms when taking it. Hot feelings/flashes and night sweats. I have stopped taking it and am waiting to see my Doctor, but was wondering if this is normal when a stop/restart occurs? And, what other drugs would be used if I had to stop taking the Sustiva?

Resistance doens't usually have symptoms associated with it though control of HIV could be enhanced. HIV suppression followed by HIV rebound off therapy can cause symptoms in some patients. It is highly advisable NOT to start/stop efavirenz with any frequency since the risk for resistance can be high knocking out the NNRTI class of drugs for the future. I usually try a ritonavir boosted PI regimen when not using efavirenz (increasing # of options includeing Kaletra and Reyataz or Lexiva). KH

resistence?
Stopping Meds but not by choice