HIV meds and hemmorhoids

I have been having a problem that keeps getting worse. I have found that with my HIV meds, I defecate more often, and there is more strain necessary when I do. (I am currently on Combivir/Sustiva). I have developed a hemmorhoid that my doctor noticed when treating a mild anal warts outbreak, and it is quite painful when I am defecating (and for the time after), and it bleeds each time as well. I don't know how I can relieve this and/or make it go away if I continue to strain when I go to the bathroom, but I don't have any other way to get it out. Please help. Thank you.

The meds you are now on usually aren't too irritating to the lower GI tract. Once you have an active irritated hemorrhoid it can be hard to deal with. Increasing fiber intact, fluids, exercise, sitz baths, TUCKS pads--all can help. Often they are managed surgically-I would consider seeing a surgeon. I don't have any easy suggestions as to what other HIV meds you could switch to that I have any confidence would clearly improve things for you. kH

On treatment and dealing with boils
When Efavirenz