Maintaining Erections and Semen Discharge

This is in response to an answer given posted March 2, 2004 concerning erectile disfunction, libido, etc.

I too have been experiencing this same problem just as decribed previously. I have tried 100 mg of Viagra with no result. This has become very distubing for me since I am in a relationship. Although my partner seemingly understands and contends that this isn't a problem for us, I seriously feel that this will begin to affect our being together. My erections are only limited and little semen is dischaged usually after over-working during masturbastion. There just has to be another reason for this. My doctor doesn't seem to know what to try next.

Response from Dr. Conway

I'm sorry to hear about your problem, and I agree that it can be disturbing...and build on itself if it is not solved.

Before going any further, I would make sure that all the medical causes of your problem have been considered (problems of blood flow to the area, diabetes, etc...). I would also ask if there are any new medications that you may have started before noticing the problem. Might there also be issues of high stress or anxiety that are contributing to it?

With respect to the Viagra, do you feel a flushed feeling in your face and extremities within 30-60 minutes after you take it? This would be a sign that you are absorbing the medication and that it is, in fact, dilating your blood vessels. If this is the case, I would ask that you try it again, making sure that you are in as relaxed and stress-free a situation as possible, to allow it to work. If it still doesn't work, you may try the other drug (Cialis). There is no definite information that I am aware of to suggest that one will work when the other doesn't, but I think it may be worth a try.

Good luck...

Adherence Issues
Can Anybody Have Mercy,From India!!