Severe Gas

Hello. HIV poz here. Tcell 490 viral 130....as of two months ago. I just got tested for parasites which came back neg..but I have the most horrible gas..sometimes stomach cramps. This has been on and off for years..but the gas is so bad now. When I say gas..I mean the need to fart. and the smell is so bad. I have had a parasite before and it feels the same.I am currently taking Flagyl for 10 days just to be sure the doc says. Is there anything else that it can be. I am on Kaletra and combivir. Also herpes meds.. Another doc said it might just be the HIV virus..but I dont know anyone else that is this bad. I mean how will I ever get a relationship again if this is perm. :) Please help

If there is no evidence for infection (including H pylori disease of stomach) then then the Kaletra may be a contributing factor. If yo need to stay on the Kaletra some people get benefit from simethicone or calcium supplements. If it is an option switching the Kaletra to ritonavir-Lexiva or Reyataz or off PIs altogether (i.e. Sustiva) on a trial basis (depening on your past treatment history/resistance status,etc) can be discussed with your HIV specialist. KH

increasing bilirubin,enlargedliver,mac,only 3wks of meds
Antiretroviral hepatoxicity