Gas problem

Hi

I am in combivir and kalatra for the past 1 year. I am having gas problem after starting the meds. And mostly it smells very bad (I am too embarassed to ask this to my doctor!!!). I am keeping my stomack very clean (go to bah room atleast 2 to 3 times a day). And I am having diaria also. All the water and juice I drink comes as it is, from the back side instead of front side. This happens 3 to 4 days a week and other days are fine. Can you please tell me what it is and how can I avoid it? Thanks a lot for your service for the unfortunate guy like me.

If you have to stay with the Kaletra you could try calcium supplements, oat bran tablets or Fibercon, Immodium, and simethicone tablets in a systemic manner-one approach at time week by week-to see what works for you. Switching off the Kaletra to boosted Reyataz or Lexiva or considering Sustiva may be options depending on your past treatment history/resistance status. Your HIV specialist would like welcome that discussion since he/she woud want you to be very satisfied with your regimen (not just having good blood test results). KH

Viagra as a Hypertension Medication?
changing meds