re-take meds if I vomit a couple hours after dose?

If one were to vomit a couple hours after taking HIV meds, should the meds be taken again? This happened to me this evening for the first time since starting meds nearly one year ago, so I don't think the vomitting is connected to the meds, rather just an upset stomach or something. I did notice one other similar question, but it seemed to refer to vomitting immediately after taking meds. Is there a certain length of time that needs to pass after swallowing the pills when one could assume the meds were absorbed? If it matters, I am taking Epivir, Sustiva and Viread. They are fairly good sized pills and I seem to think that it may take many hours for them to disolve? I have been very "religious" about not missing a dose, so tonight when this happened (I vomitted 2 hours after taking the meds), I did take the meds again. Thank you for your help.

If the nausea is not persistent then trying to take the meds again is reasonable. If you didn't notice pill fragments (or intact pills) in any fluid that you threw up then it is possible they were dissolved and at least partially absorbed (or moved to further down the GI tract) before you had your vomiting episodes. Missing a set of pills due to vomiting is usually is OK. If the vomiting or nausea persists you should should discuss with your doctor and nurse for that might signal a serious problem. Anti-nausea meds can be prescribed to avoid inadequate pill absorption in some cases. KH

MY SKIN
oral thrush T cells fluctuating