rash

I have read that the rash with HIV is usually on the upper chest and back and lasts for several days is this correct?

I'm not sure which rash you are talking about. Established HIV infection is associated with a host of skin conditions that could be lumped together under the heading rash. They are often quite non-specific. Acute HIV infection is often associated with a transient rash in the location you described. Again, it is fairly non-specific and can be seen with other infections/conditions. KH

Blood chemistry
Beta hemolytic Strep or ARS ?