|off meds for 6 mos!!
Mar 9, 2004
I quit my my meds last oct. without dr. approval. I have some resistance issues, and the ones I can take make me feel crappy!!. My dr. is very pro drugs, and I don't particulary like him or the staff!! They are big drama queens. It's almost 6 mos off without blood work. I hate the thought of calling them to say I've been on a holiday!! my last vl was 2000 and cd4 over 700. Should I call right away? wait a awile? mj.
| Response from Dr. Henry
Stopping meds can be as important a time to be monitored as starting medications. I would get checked again soon. I usually check monthly for a couple of months and then individualize how often I recommend follow-up depending on what happens in each situation. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hairy Tongue After Sharing Sex Toys Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Having Sex During Period Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Rubbing Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.