False positive THC in urine
Mar 9, 2004
I had heard at one time that a particular HIV medication caused a false positive result (thc) in the urine. Can you tell me what medication it is and any other information you have about it. I am having difficulty finding any information about it on the internet.
Response from Dr. Henry
Sustiva is the HIV drug that has been most linked to false + urine tests for marijuana (Sustiva also know as efavirenz=Stocrine is some parts of the world). KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- When Should You Get Tested For Chlamydia Again After Treatment?
- What Does Herpes Feel Like In Women?
- What Does A Herpes Scab Look Like?
- What Can You Take To Prevent Current Genital Warts Breakouts?
- On What Areas Of The Body Can A Herpes Sore Show Up
- What Are The Ways You Can Get Gonorrhea?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.