Mar 9, 2004
do you think herbs can cure cancer or aids
Response from Dr. Boyle
I know that a lot of people put faith in these alternative therapies, but there are no randomized, clinical data that support a conclusion that they are effective for cancer or HIV/AIDS. That does not mean that they are not effective, it just doesn't mean there's proof that they are. I think this means that it is not unreasonable take them, so long as your doctor is aware (so he/she can anticipate any potential drug interactions) and that you don't neglect taking the proven medications, such as antiretroviral therapy.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Burning Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can Someone Get Std If They Get Fingered?
- How Do You Catch Std Crabs?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.