My memory is getting worse

My currents meds- are-fuzeon,3tc,viread,kaletra,reyataz,DDI and ziagen. This is a slavage regime and I have been undectable now since-NOV-03-First time in 15 years.I am also taking lexapro- My question: My memory has been getting really poor lately- My tcells are 200-I would think my memory s/be improving if I am finally undectable-For the about 6 months now I have been off azt- Do you think thats why my memory could be getting worse? I know it crosses the blood brain barrier. My tongue has been coated perhaps having candiasis can cause memory loss? My last guess would be progressing dementia- I am scared, I have never been this forgetful before. Do you have any ideas-I saw in one of the other responses that sypilis can cause memory loss.I am sexually active-could I have it and not know it?Thankyou

Good questions. A neuropsychiatric evaluation and possibly a brain scan and spinal tap would be something your HIV specialist might consider after a full history and physical. There have been cases where brain problems progressed despite success in controlling the virus in the blood due to the HIV drugs not penetrating into the brain well. A check for syphilis and other medical conditions would be a part of that evaluation for the important problems you are experiencing. KH

Hormone Therapy for Waisting and Lab Results
Tonghe bleeds spontaneously. ....Side Effect from Haart?