| Possible to Reverse Lipoatrophy with STI?
Mar 3, 2004
Has there been any documented success with lipoatrophy reversal afer implementing a STI with good HIV control? Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Response from Dr. Henry
What happens to lipoatrophy stopping meds is not clear but there is experience that any change or improvement often occurs very slowly. Besides the drugs factors which may contribute include age, length of time with HIV, and how low the CD4 count goes so there is more to it than simply the drugs in many instances. KH
Rheumatoid Arthritis and HIV Medications
- Does HIV Cause Itchy Vagina?
- How Fast Do Genital Warts Spread?
- How Long Do You Have To Wait To Have Sex After Using Premarin Vaginal Cream?
- How Long Does It Take To Get Std Symptoms?
- How Long Should You Wait To Get Tested For Chlamydia?
- How Often Does Chlamydia Cause You To Be Sterile In Women?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.