Between the Cracks

I have recently moved from Alaska to Oregon and had brought extra Sustiva and Combivir with me before I left, however, my insurance coverage at my new job is going to leave a three week gap so now I am being forced to take a drug holiday because no one here can help me right away and no one in Alaska can help me because I am not there physically. I currently have no doctor and my old doctor has not returned my calls either. Tomorrow I will take my last Sustiva and because I have no other options, will take the Combivir for the next two days afterward. Any ideas, suggestions or advice is really appreciated here.

CD4: 264 VL: 0

Thanks, Brad

If you must stop your meds due to the circumstances I would stop the Sustiva immediately and then take the Combivir for at least 3-4 days to try and precent the development of Sustiva resistance (due to its long half-life it can persist for > 4 days at measurable levels). You might want to try and find a user friendly local doc to give you several more days of Combivir. On Monday I would try to hook up with a local AIDS service organization/case manager to get some help-? get signed up for ADAP. KH

Rash in eye socket and around nose and mouth
Dose of neurontin