Rash in eye socket and around nose and mouth

I stopped treatment of Sustiva/Combivir after 5 years of high T cells at 1100 with an undetectable viral load. This holiday lasted 2.5 years, my viral load skyrocketed to > 100k and T cells progressivly dropped down to 350. 5-6 months ago around the time my results showed these numbers I developed a rash around my left eye, with pock like bumps in eyesocket. No explanation from ID doc, he prescribed fluocinonide cream twice a day. This would keep the rash and bumps at bay but then it all returned full force if I stopped. I started the same HIV treatment Sept 12,2003. By Dec 1 T cells were up to 525 viral load is again undetectable, rash still persists. A different rash is present around mouth and nose. I had herpes on my chin for a few years off and on but it seems to have retreated significantly in the past year with the use of Abreva which is very effective and sold over the counter. Along with Sustiva and Combivir I am taking Ativan 1 mg a day (6 months), Remeron 60 mg a day at bedtime (3 months), Concerta 32mg sr 1 a day and Ritalin 10mg 1 a day when concerta wears off (both for last 3 years) Any suggestions or ideas? I have an appointment to see a Opthalmologist in a few days. Should I see one that specializes in HIV? should I see a dermatologist also? I'm very discouraged by this, I wish I never took the drug holiday my T cells were 1100 when I stopped.

Rashes in that area often are do to seborrheic dermatitis. Sometimes fungal infections are involved. I have the best results when I get help from a dermatologist in those situations. KH

what is considered a "high" viral load?
Between the Cracks