Taking Videx EC on a Full Stomach

I read some time ago in one of your newsletters that taking Videx on a full stomach was not considered a problem anymore. Is this right? Sometimes it becomes complicated to have to look at your watch every time you have dinner so that you can count "two hours" after that in order to take Videx. I'm currently taking Videx EC 400 mg once daily. The second comment I read was that taking Nevirapine and Videx together was not a problem. Is this right? I'm currently taking Nevirapine 200 mg (2 tablets) once daily. I usually take it before Videx but would like to know whether it's wrong to take them together if I forget Nevirapine first.

Thank you for your all your help for people living with HIV.

Fred

It is still recommended to take Videx on an empty stomach. If one is taking it at the same time as tenofovir (Viread) then the dose of ddI can be reduced and the ddI can be taken with food in most cases and still wind up with a decent ddI level/effect. KH

Poor Memory and Low sex drive
what is considered a "high" viral load?