Can I smoke cannabinoid or cannabis?

Hi,Im taking Trizivir and Viramune.I was wondering if I could ask my doctor to perscibe me smoked cannabinoid to improve my appetite and depressive moods? Is it a pill or cigearette? I would like to have that high feeling to help me out of a slump sometimes,because lately ive been very tempted to get it outside the pharmacy,if you know what I mean....Thanks

Response from Dr. Conway

You are presenting two issues, the most important one being a possible depression. The loss of appetite may be a manisfestation of the depression, and it may all be the same problem. My first inclination (rather than cannabinoids) would be to treat the depression with counselling and/or antidepressants and see if the appetite improves.

Once we get to the appetite issue, you might consider nutritional supplements or trying to figure out foodsa that you like eating as a first step. Megace has also been used as an appetite stimulant and would have no psycho-active side effects.

Once we do get down to cannabinoids, the cigarettes are not a "standard" medication and will vary in potency, so I very mcuh favor the pills (Nabilone in Canada) at doses of 1 mg/day, possibly escalating to 2 mg twice a day to a maximum effect, but under CLOSE MEDICAL SUPERVISION.

First Regimen Switch
Meds & Gallstones ?