Aching joints

Hi,im taking viramune and trizivir and have been on meds since 5/03.I workout with wieghts 4 times a week and go heavy some times to build muscle mass.Lately my elbows and forearms have been aching pretty bad.Do you think its the meds or to much lifting?..Also when do you think a person could go on a drug holiday? .Thank you

With the exercise you are doing and the local nature of your discomfort the weight lifting is probably the main cause. If you have any HIV drug resistance or a history of a CD4 count < 250 or a history of clinical AIDS I usually don't advise a drug holiday. Also, stopping Viramune if the virus is not suppressed is risky for promoting resistance. These are good questions to discuss with your HIV specialist who knows the details of your past medical care. KH

ziagen=death so why prescribe it?
Does HIV or HAART cause bone problems?