sudden bloating and edema

Hi, I have a new doc who has me see his nurse practioner. My problem is this, they switched me from Paxil to Zoloft for depression. I take Viracept, Epivir and Zerit and am in good health. Good labs, T cells and viral load. T cells around 400. About a week after beginning the zoloft I noticed some swelling of my hands, feet and eyes when waking in the morning. It seemed to get better as the day went on and occasionally I would notice it at night but not as bad. I told the nurse practitioner and she told me to stop the Zoloft and call her in a week if the swelling didn't resolve and then she prescribed Wellbutrin. Now my stomach is suddenly bloated and my left arm feels strange. I feel great other than the discomfort of the bloating. I am going to talk to the doctor to see if I can see him instead of the nurse practioner as this is not normal for me, but until I can see my ID doctor do you have any ideas? Should I be greatly concerned? (I am a little scared by this) I stopped the Zoloft after only three weeks of taking it and have been off of it for four days now and suddenly the stomach bloating. My stomach is huge! Thanks for your help

Response from Dr. Conway

Antidepressants can have significant side effects, often of the type that you are describing. You are on the right antivirals, I would say, as the expected drug interactions are minimized, and that is taken out of the equation.

Now, it is unclear to me why you switched off the Paxil? Were you not tolerating it? Were you still depressed?

It should be possible to find an antidepressant that relieves your symptoms and does not cause side effects. You may need to try a few more to find the right one, so try to be patient...

Flat warts
Uncertain??