Yellow eyes with atazanavir

I just began taking started atazanavir and my eyes are yellow. My doctor is taking tests but thinks it really isn't important. BUT IT IS! People ask me now all the time what is up with your eyes!!!!!!!!!

Response from Dr. Conway

This is the most common side effect with atazanavir. Usually, only 3-5% people have to stop the medication because of this, and it may get better over time. I would find something creative to tell your friends for now for the next few weeks but keep a close eye on this (no pun intended). If, within the next month of therapy you are still bothered by this, then you should NOT continue with this treatment...At that point, if it's important for you, it's important for me, and I would talk to you about other treatments that may work for you and not have this side effect.

Rash in eye socket and around nose and mouth
serostim needed but problem